The Homeoblock™ appliance is a revolutionary patented oral device that is much like a retainer in looks, but the results go way beyond teeth straightening.
Often, our craniofacial development does not reach its potential due to some factors such as: our diet of soft processed food, the polluted air we breathe, and a lack of proper breast-feeding. Our bodies want symmetry, balance and health. The lack of proper craniofacial development is the primary cause of many jaw joint problems and most sleep and breathing disorders. The Homeoblock™ appliance works with the body so that physiological changes occur naturally. When wearing the Homeoblock™ the appliances’ design sends a cyclical intermittent light force signal to the periodontal ligament, which surrounds the root of the teeth. The Homeoblocks™ unique Unilateral bite block®simulates the body by replacing the missing hard food in our diet. Epigenetic signaling generates new bone growth and positional changes in the facial bone structure.
These craniofacial changes occur due in part to each person’s genetic potential. Years of treating patients, has shown, that the development of the bones of the face, results in better jaw alignment, improved head posture and the strengthening of the muscles for swallowing and breathing.
Treatment with the Homeoblock™ results in remodeling the maxilla (upper jaw) and provides proper jaw positioning and more room for the tongue. When you wear the Homeoblock™ the only way you can swallow is the correct way, by pressing the middle third of the tongue flat against your palate.
Clinically we can expect to see a wider smile and greater facial symmetry. Since the changes are physiologic and they allow the body to develop the symmetry it wants, the result is a proper alignment of the jaw which in turn improves our head posture. The development of the face and airway are linked. As we see changes in the face we can expect improved airway toning as well.
- Designed for slow palatal expansion which stimulates an epigenetic response
- Generates a size and shape change in the maxilla and mandible
- Stimulates the cranial sutures for new bone growth and sutural homeostasis
- Signals the periodontal ligament and generates an epigenetic response for maxillary growth and facial symmetry
- Creates space for teeth straightening
- Promotes proper swallowing and proper tongue posture
- Tones the pharyngeal airway and reduces inflammation
- Opens the ostia to allow the nitric oxide to reach the back of the nose
- Discludes the mandible and allows the jaw to come downward and forward
References: Dr. Theodore Belfor D.D.S. and Breath, a New York Times Best Seller written by James Nestor.